Jump to content


The "flash demise"


Legionaire
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Rowdy said:

Thanks Logan and all for your work.  I will attempt this tomorrow on my sites.  Would someone share the full explanation on how to implement the code and file using the .htaccess.

 

 Ask Legionaire to do it for you. He is the best at doing this. He so far I think has help every arcade forum get it installed and working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rowdy said:

Thanks Logan and all for your work.  I will attempt this tomorrow on my sites.  Would someone share the full explanation on how to implement the code and file using the .htaccess.

 

PM sent Rowdy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 2:30 AM, Mercury said:

Tried Pale Moon. Very slow

 

This is why I have made the modifications to Firefox so I can play flash and AS3 games, pale moon is super slow on a lot of the games but in firefox they play as they always did :th_banana3:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uninstall any and all flash players that you have and install this one

 

Flash Player

 

When installing the flash player, make sure you check to never upgrade during the install process

 

Check the version of firefox you are on, if it is 85.x or above, uninstall and install this version

 

Firefox_version_64

 

When installing firefox, check the box for custom installation, when the options box comes up for the custom installation, UNCHECK the box for installing the maintenance

 

In at least one of your themes go to the playfull/game template and the playgame/game template and remove the last line in the template which would be this line

 

<script src="{setting="base_url"}applications/ruffle/ruffle.js"></script>

 

On your computer go to c:\windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash and copy this file NPSWF32_32_0_0_371.dll

 

Then go to c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox and create a folder called plugins

 

Inside that folder paste the file   NPSWF32_32_0_0_371.dll   inside the folder

 

close firefox and reopen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have noticed as I make my way around the internet just how many people are helping others try and keep the flash games going, both with AS3 and just the standard flash games.  It is good to see that much help to others, I tip my hat to all who have been or try to be instrumental in this task

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2021 at 8:26 AM, Legionaire said:

I have noticed as I make my way around the internet just how many people are helping others try and keep the flash games going, both with AS3 and just the standard flash games.  It is good to see that much help to others, I tip my hat to all who have been or try to be instrumental in this task

 

Love it, called "Sharing"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Ok I solved it, you have to install ruffle in the same folder where your forum is installed and then the same ruffle folder you have to install it in the applications folder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Ok I solved it, you have to install ruffle in the same folder where your forum is installed and then the same ruffle folder you have to install it in the applications folder.

 

You are correct, somewhere on the site we have the installation instructions for ruffle and "how-to's" for browser manipulation if you want to play the AS3 games (or use Pale Moon as it will play ALL games)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

 

You are correct, somewhere on the site we have the installation instructions for ruffle and "how-to's" for browser manipulation if you want to play the AS3 games (or use Pale Moon as it will play ALL games)

Yes ok but not everyone intends to download the extension, with ruffle you don't need to download anything and the games work, is that correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Flash games will work, but if they are games using AS3 they will not "currently" work with ruffle although ruffle is working on that issue and hopefully in the near future they will have it resolved.  HTML5 games will work with any browser as a flash player is not needed for HTML5 games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Legionaire said:

Flash games will work, but if they are games using AS3 they will not "currently" work with ruffle although ruffle is working on that issue and hopefully in the near future they will have it resolved.  HTML5 games will work with any browser as a flash player is not needed for HTML5 games

 

Ah ok thanks for the info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, nextgen said:

Should i wait until i get the arcade running to add ruffles or can i do it while waiting ?  Of course i will be another person asking ... how to do it.. lol

 

 

You can add ruffle now - arcade skins (2) are prepared for ruffle (just upload ruffle - self hosted in your application directory.

Unpack file and open ruffle /ruffle and upload ruffle directory!

ruffle.7z

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...