Mental Exercise Games, per suggestion by Mustangsal's good idea

Earlier, Mustangsal and I chatted a bit about favorite games for mental exercise and thought it would be a good forum topic where everyone could post a list of their favorite games of this genre regardless of whether they're Flash/Shockwave type or not. When I embarked on this post I was delighted to find a daily crossword puzzle at the bottom of this forum area, too!

Just good games that challenge how you figure out stuff. I'll kick off with my own list but it's subject to additions when I think of them. Unfortunately most of them are Flash games so I wish somebody somewhere would do up HTML versions of the same:

(sliding blocks type)

Aztec Mind

various slider puzzles

Miner Block

Sliding Blocks (this and the previous game are already on this site)

(hexagon type)

Virus Hex Options

Hexalot

Hexover

Hexagonator

(strategy puzzle type)

Parking Zone

Numbrix

Toy Match

Othello

Reversi

Mastermind

I'm not including Sudoku because increased difficulty involving  several matched pairs diminishes analytic value of solving.

This list is just for starters--add to the list at will. :bigwink:

• Like 1

I think your ideas are great. I personally liked the no brainers...lol...I am not very good at games so the ones I played I could play them and have fun. I think we all have our reasons for being here and mine are, I want to just push buttons and look around. I probably filled my time for over 12 to 14 hours of the day and night. 

I became handicapped and now use a power wheel chair, I have limited places I can go because there is no way to haul my chair. I have extreme pain and just had shoulder surgery to fix a severed tendon in my shoulder. I have knee replacements and a shoulder replacement and hopefully the other one fixed. I have spinal stenosis and 4 herniated discs and a load of other problems. I take pain pills and have a morphine pump and pain patches.

I liked to play slot games and now that you cant play flash games my other games are limited. My point for this is we all get pleasure here and every one has their own reason. I wish we could have the games back. I never heard the reason why there gone....the people that didn't like them certainly didn't have to play them if they wished. Heath and I battled over about 6 games and I loved it, so now I dont have that either.

Thanks for reading this.

Willow

I left out memory challenges because a good number of them exist in this arcade plus there are some games with memory challenges within other games, such as one slot game I'm fond of (forget the name). One that poses a major memory challenge is Bees Saal Baad, named for a movie in India of the same name whose plot involves long lost twins...so yeah, it's a matching memory game, but with a good many different pairs, which is what makes it challenging.  But beware of buggy versions, and there are a few; one locks up in the last level when you click on one image and it doesn't recognize the fact that you clicked the matching image.  The only one I know where to play this is at the previously mentioned Next Level Arcade but that one is set to time out WAY too soon, one never reaches the last level, and I expect it's because I reported the bug that happens at the last level.  Can't even get to the next-to-last level there either.

Bees-Saal-Baad-covershot.jpg