Archivements - Badges

bosss

Can someone explain how this "century big improvement" work ?

How make own rules? What happened when we add manually badges or points to users and after run rebuild? Should we lose them?

Where found images to badges? And more more questions?

Maybe is best to disable it.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way of finding out how and what you need to do to earn each badge ?

I mean for members not people with ACP access

A list of Badges and how they can be earnt would be helpful , I suppose each site has its own targets to earn each badge ?

Even if they don't a list on here would be good so members can see why some are rare , others are give away's and some you do not know how to get ! 

So it can not be altered by each site to suit then ?

Its just when you see other members with a badge and you wonder what it means / and how you can get one lol 

Thought there might be a list like 

Badge 1 do " x "

Badge 2 do " xx " 

etc 

My bad again sorry 

Am 18.7.2021 um 01:18 schrieb Oak:

So it can not be altered by each site to suit then ?

Its just when you see other members with a badge and you wonder what it means / and how you can get one lol 

Thought there might be a list like 

Badge 1 do " x "

Badge 2 do " xx " 

etc 

My bad again sorry 

Ok, let me explain, this is what the users see https://ipsproarcade.com/index.php?/profile/904-v0rt3x/badges/

On the left you see the ranks. For example you get the contributor badge for 250 points by default, but you can change the number of points. In Rules in your AcminCP you can set how many points you get for which action. When a content item is posted 20 points, when a comment/reply is posted 1 point and so on (you can change that too). And because every community is individual, there is no list on IPS, you see everything in your ACP anyway.

So your rank is based on all the points you get from different actions. In the past and on other forums the users climbed up in their rank only with postings. So spammers usually got a better ranking than more quiet members, even if they post better content. You can reward those by giving them more points when their post is marked as best answer, or whatever. A little bit complicated to explain, just take at the rules by yourself. Then there are the badges that can be given for anniversaries, like 500th post, 1 year membership and more.

And last but not least there are individual badges that are not given automatically, you can reward chosen members manually with whatever you want, you don't need to create rules for that.

Like already said, it's not easy to explain, especially when english is your second language, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

• Thanks 2