The "flash demise"

Legionaire

13 hours ago, Rowdy said:

Thanks Logan and all for your work.  I will attempt this tomorrow on my sites.  Would someone share the full explanation on how to implement the code and file using the .htaccess.

Ask Legionaire to do it for you. He is the best at doing this. He so far I think has help every arcade forum get it installed and working.

• 3 weeks later...

Uninstall any and all flash players that you have and install this one

Flash Player

When installing the flash player, make sure you check to never upgrade during the install process

Check the version of firefox you are on, if it is 85.x or above, uninstall and install this version

Firefox_version_64

When installing firefox, check the box for custom installation, when the options box comes up for the custom installation, UNCHECK the box for installing the maintenance

In at least one of your themes go to the playfull/game template and the playgame/game template and remove the last line in the template which would be this line

<script src="{setting="base_url"}applications/ruffle/ruffle.js"></script>

On your computer go to c:\windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash and copy this file NPSWF32_32_0_0_371.dll

Then go to c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox and create a folder called plugins

Inside that folder paste the file   NPSWF32_32_0_0_371.dll   inside the folder

close firefox and reopen

On 2/9/2021 at 8:26 AM, Legionaire said:

I have noticed as I make my way around the internet just how many people are helping others try and keep the flash games going, both with AS3 and just the standard flash games.  It is good to see that much help to others, I tip my hat to all who have been or try to be instrumental in this task

Love it, called "Sharing"

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Ok I solved it, you have to install ruffle in the same folder where your forum is installed and then the same ruffle folder you have to install it in the applications folder.

You are correct, somewhere on the site we have the installation instructions for ruffle and "how-to's" for browser manipulation if you want to play the AS3 games (or use Pale Moon as it will play ALL games)

3 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

You are correct, somewhere on the site we have the installation instructions for ruffle and "how-to's" for browser manipulation if you want to play the AS3 games (or use Pale Moon as it will play ALL games)

Yes ok but not everyone intends to download the extension, with ruffle you don't need to download anything and the games work, is that correct?

Flash games will work, but if they are games using AS3 they will not "currently" work with ruffle although ruffle is working on that issue and hopefully in the near future they will have it resolved.  HTML5 games will work with any browser as a flash player is not needed for HTML5 games

1 minute ago, Legionaire said:

Flash games will work, but if they are games using AS3 they will not "currently" work with ruffle although ruffle is working on that issue and hopefully in the near future they will have it resolved.  HTML5 games will work with any browser as a flash player is not needed for HTML5 games

Ah ok thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, nextgen said:

Should i wait until i get the arcade running to add ruffles or can i do it while waiting ?  Of course i will be another person asking ... how to do it.. lol

You can add ruffle now - arcade skins (2) are prepared for ruffle (just upload ruffle - self hosted in your application directory.

Unpack file and open ruffle /ruffle and upload ruffle directory!

ruffle.7z

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...