The "flash demise"

Legionaire

Please keep in mind as ruffle is still under development that you WILL have problems with flash games made with AS3 (Action Script 3) you will more than likely get a notice that the game contains Action Script 3 and is not yet supported by ruffle

AVM 2

AVM2 is ActionScript 3, which was introduced with Flash Player 9 (June 2006). After the release of Flash Professional CC (2013), authors are required to use ActionScript 3 - making any movie made after that date very likely to fall under this category.

Ruffle is still working on the foundational support for AVM 2, and does not yet support any content that requires it. A warning will be placed in the log when you attempt to play AVM 2 content, for this reason. We do plan on supporting this soon!

For in-depth details, please follow our AVM 2 tracking issue on GitHub.

ActionScript 3 Language 5%

ActionScript 3 API 1%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, stangger5 said:

I installed it server side.

We also have it installed server side (Logan and I) and it works great you do not even need the ruffles extension UNLESS you go to another site that does not have it installed on their server.  Still the same problem with Action Script 3 games but in due time that will also be fixed

Thanks to Logan, I have installed the hosted version for ruffle on the server here and no need for the ruffle extension when playing games here.  Currently that only applies to the Simplicity Red theme, but once the needed one line of code is added to the correct templates, then all themes will play flash games (NOT including AS3) without having to have the browser extension

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Legionaire said:

Thanks to Logan, I have installed the hosted version for ruffle on the server here and no need for the ruffle extension when playing games here.  Currently that only applies to the Simplicity Red theme, but once the needed one line of code is added to the correct templates, then all themes will play flash games (NOT including AS3) without having to have the browser extension

I need to take a look at the server one to install and see if I have .wasm running. 

10 hours ago, Legionaire said:

I do it good but you do it better sir.

6 hours ago, wulfx01 said:

and what happens when the windows versions block flash content ?

The only thing I am finding about flash and windows is that windows is removing anything to do with the adobe flash player and it does go on to say that Web assembly will be allowed and that is what ruffle is.  Ruffle is a flash emulator that uses web assembly to make the SWF files still work, or at least that is what I am reading

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bosss said:

@Legionaire where (in which arcade skin) we must put this code -

<script src="path/to/ruffle/ruffle.js"></script>

and .htaccess file with line

AddType application/wasm .wasm

should be in ruffle directory or in root?

I'm glad you asked about this as I was going to do the same but you beat me to it. :P :)

So am I assuming right that the path goes to the www. directory? For the arcade skin code, would that go in arcadephoto.css or somewhere else? 

I would like to give my thanks to a few people who were instrumental in getting the ruffle server side implementation to working as it does now

1. I would like to thank @Logan for figuring out where to put the files on the server and the first iteration on where to insert the script file to call the ruffle files so that the flash games would work
  2. I would like to thank @bosss for helping me figure out how to insert the .htaccess file in the correct place so that there is no need for those that feel uncomfortable adding anything into configuration files on their server, do not have to

This has been a learning curve for all of us and with the help of a few friends we finally got it to work the way it was intended on the server side.  In the, hopefully, not so far future the team at ruffle will figure out what the problem with AS3 is and we can all go back to enjoying all of the flash games that we did when the adobe flash player was active.  Until then, we will all have to adapt and learn to play those games we are able to, and wait for the day when they are all, once again, playable flash games

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2