Experienced with VPS server

Ronald

I have to change the PHP Version in my VPS cPanel from 7.2 to 7.3 or higher.

IPB 4.5.2 needs php version 7.3 to run on properly

It is more complicated than just clicking the drop down menu and clicking on 7.3 because it isn't there.

The cPanel itself needs to be upgraded to include PHP Version 7.3 

Read this: https://docs.cpanel.net/knowledge-base/important-notices/cpanel-php-upgrade-from-php-72-to-php-73/

I have no clue on how to even begin with this.

Thanks

Ron.

6 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

If you dont mind me asking, how much are you paying for your server each month ?

I had one before, with so many games I ran out of space, so had to upgrade to a VPS XL SSD and I pay 38.98 euros, or $60.93 cnd, or & 45.94 usd. I have one other account included in this.

This price includes 5 cPanels, 2 are in use.

I am hosted now with this site

https://www.bigvpshost.com/managed-big-vps/

Standard rate is $40.00 a month and if you add cPanel / WHM it is an additional $16.00 a month, total of $56.00 a month, but well worth it and these servers are fully managed, AND they already have php 7.3 loaded all you would have to do is select the version you want to use from your cPanel.  I am not sure if they do a server move for you or not as we moved ourselves over, but it would be worth looking into and if they do the server move that would be an added plus

hint: I believe it is another company that is run by Contabo

3 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

I am hosted now with this site

https://www.bigvpshost.com/managed-big-vps/

Standard rate is $40.00 a month and if you add cPanel / WHM it is an additional $16.00 a month, total of $56.00 a month, but well worth it and these servers are fully managed, AND they already have php 7.3 loaded all you would have to do is select the version you want to use from your cPanel.  I am not sure if they do a server move for you or not as we moved ourselves over, but it would be worth looking into and if they do the server move that would be an added plus

All I can do is check it out, everything amounts to a US dollar, so 56 usd is 74.26 cnd. My server is actually 26.99 euros cPanel is extra. 11.99 euros. I believe mine is a reseller.

Whitey use to maintain our server, but he disappear a year ago.. 

Legionaire I also have 1600 GB and 10 cores. Before this I have the 800 GB and ran out of space.. Both were VPS

Just checked out your host and it offers - windows  big 700 for 70 usd a month.- Linux big 700  40 usd both of 700 gb  Both are VPS

4 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

That is an unmanaged server correct ?

Correct unmanaged.

I had this all taken care of. 

Logan offered to do this for me, but I got talking to a friend who owns his own Hosting Co. and he did it right away in less than 10 minutes. Removed the old 5.6 and installed PHP Versions 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4, now all I have to do is live this long..

24 minutes ago, wulfx01 said:

it is managed by contabo, i have it too and i am super satisfied 

I am well satisfied with Contabo, been with them little over a year. I had a smaller account with them and they did the upgrade for me to a larger account...

My account is self managed. Contabo charges 88 uros a month extra for a managed account.

19 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

When I inquired about that server they told me that was an unmanaged server that is why I did not go that route

All there VPS accounts are unmanaged. I inquired yesterday about changing to a Managed, they told me it would be an extra 99 Ero's a month, way out of my league..

They just opened a Hosting service in St. Louis Missouri this year https://contabo.com/blog/contabo-introduces-new-data-center-location-in-the-united-states

Edited by Ronald

33 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

Als ich mich nach diesem Server erkundigte, wurde mir mitgeteilt, dass es sich um einen nicht verwalteten Server handelt. Deshalb bin ich diesen Weg nicht gegangen

i have been with contabo for 3 years, i have never done anything myself on the server.