Question of skin change

Ronald

I like the Red Pro and I have it as my default skin on my arcade forum.

I would like to make some changes to the skin, but I just can't figure out how it's done. Along the left side border are the red buttons, see image: buttons.png.aa92d71e1694fa847a49196b8ad6c0ff.png

I would like to change the red buttons for this image:  new_none.png.d1c68f35c60ebb49f0234e3e9394b799.png

Can someone who knows how this is done, provide me with the information on how I can make the changes.

Thanks in advance.

Ron.

On 9/19/2020 at 2:57 PM, Ronald said:

I forgot to ask, where do I store the image?

Ips 4.5.2

I use the default theme, so I do not know if it changes with another theme, hold down the mouse button and placed the icon as in the photo and then at the bottom of the page do not forget save

1035084032_2020-09-2018_15_12-Modifierleforum_Concernantlesite.thumb.png.4fdba07d5f01d7d583798340ba6a6bf0.png

Edited by Sousbi

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 12:23 PM, Sousbi said:

Ips 4.5.2

I use the default theme, so I do not know if it changes with another theme, hold down the mouse button and placed the icon as in the photo and then at the bottom of the page do not forget save

1035084032_2020-09-2018_15_12-Modifierleforum_Concernantlesite.thumb.png.4fdba07d5f01d7d583798340ba6a6bf0.png

Just can't seem to find where the location is. I also have not upgraded to the latest, still using Invision Community v4.4.10. To costly to replace all the skins and mod's, staying with what I have for now.

•  

15 hours ago, Ronald said:

Just can't seem to find where the location is. I also have not upgraded to the latest, still using Invision Community v4.4.10. To costly to replace all the skins and mod's, staying with what I have for now.

•  

On the other hand if in ACP the function does not exist this is not going to be possible.

The image you want to send must be in a directory of your choice on your hard drive.

Edited by Sousbi

On 9/29/2020 at 9:41 AM, Ronald said:

To costly to replace all the skins and mod's, staying with what I have for now.

I here this quite a bit and though I understand the thought process behind it, it still floors me that we are worried about OLD themes and OLD mod's.  Truth of the matter is that most of the themes you have now will still work with 4.5.x series.  You may have to make a few tweaks here and there but very possible.

What themes and mods are you dedicated to ?

1 hour ago, Legionaire said:

I here this quite a bit and though I understand the thought process behind it, it still floors me that we are worried about OLD themes and OLD mod's.  Truth of the matter is that most of the themes you have now will still work with 4.5.x series.  You may have to make a few tweaks here and there but very possible.

What themes and mods are you dedicated to ?

I don't know coding, so to modify the skins is put for me.

Applications I have.

arcade, auto welcome, trophies & medals, chatbox, mood, member map.

Plugins I have.

who was online, member theme in topics, guest message, member in block, group name indicator, clear notifications, hold validating members, clear cache, php & txt widget, back to top, who's online avatars, add preview button.

Some are disabled and not in use. All the above are active.

1 hour ago, Legionaire said:

Have you ever sat down and took a good hard look on which ones you really need ?  A lot of those your members may not even be using, but at the end of the day, the call is yours just that with each version you get further behind on, the more security holes that are present

Yea your correct, the applications and plugins are more me than any members..

What changes do I need do to the skins..

Does the upgrade knock out all the applications and plugins, then I need to reinstall them one by one..

One more question, Do I need to go off line  when doing this upgrade?  I will plane for Monday Oct. 5th. this will give me time to send out a notice.

Edited by Ronald

As far as I'm concerned I use the default theme, I have had too many problems in the past with themes, others. Since version 2.3.6. I get it.
For updates at home they are automatic Invasion warns that there is an update.
You do or not
You configure your FTP (permissions for Invasion)
No update issues so far. On my side.

I think you have to decide because as the so well say Legionaire the longer you wait and the more complicated it will become.

En se qui me concerne j’utilise le thème par défaut, j’ai eu trop de soucis dans le passé avec les thèmes, autres. Depuis la version 2.3.6. J’ai compris.

Pour les mises a jour chez moi elles sont automatique Invasion prévient qu’il y a une mise a jour.

Vous faites ou pas

Vous paramétrez votre FTP (autorisations pour Invasion)

Aucun problème de mise à jour jusqu'à présent. De mon coté.

Je pense qu’il faut vous décidez car comme la si bien dis légionaire plus vous attendez et plus cela deviendras compliqué.

13 hours ago, Ronald said:

Yea your correct, the applications and plugins are more me than any members..

What changes do I need do to the skins..

Does the upgrade knock out all the applications and plugins, then I need to reinstall them one by one..

One more question, Do I need to go off line  when doing this upgrade?  I will plane for Monday Oct. 5th. this will give me time to send out a notice.

Honestly Ron, I would wait until the next arcade update comes out as the templates change a little and most of your skins should work fine with that update, the ones that will take a little manipulating are the ones from Sherri.  We should have an update coming out in the next couple of days (hopefully) will talk to tube but I know he was ready to release a new update until we found the bug in the ACP wanted to wait and see what IPS said before we proceeded

1 minute ago, Legionaire said:

Honestly Ron, I would wait until the next arcade update comes out as the templates change a little and most of your skins should work fine with that update, the ones that will take a little manipulating are the ones from Sherri.  We should have an update coming out in the next couple of days (hopefully) will talk to tube but I know he was ready to release a new update until we found the bug in the ACP wanted to wait and see what IPS said before we proceeded

OK I can wait. I think I am also one update behind on the arcade also.

Most of my skins are Sherri's and she MIA. What needs to be manipulated on her skins?