Languages in forums

Ronald

Having members from different countries, do other Arcade owners have different Languages installed for these members. 

Myself I have difficulty with the Translation, seems like when you turn a page it goes back to original language all the time..

So I am wondering if it makes any sense installing some different languages in the forum.

Thanks for your interests.

Ron.

Yes they are. You have to install the language for the core and all applications that you are using. 

The german translation for the core is availiable at invision.com and for the arcade is a link/supportthread somewhere here in the forums (sry, browsing with phone). 

4 minutes ago, V0RT3X said:

Yes they are. You have to install the language for the core and all applications that you are using. 

The german translation for the core is availiable at invision.com and for the arcade is a link/supportthread somewhere here in the forums (sry, browsing with phone). 

Thanks I'll have a look in the forum for the arcade part..

I thought maybe it would be easier to install like a application or plugin

5 hours ago, marco2306 said:

I wouldn't install that many languages, so everything you want translated will have to be translated for each language.
There could be a lot of work.
I deliberately chose only two languages.

So any of the language packs in Market Place are not what I think they are..I don't know anything about translations..

So any of the language packs in Market Place are not what I think they are..I don't know anything about translations..

If I am reading this correctly, you want to be able to install a language pack that will take the language that is being posted on your forums and translate that to english for you ?

IF indeed that is the case, then NO the language packs in the marketplace will not do this for you

1 minute ago, Legionaire said:

If I am reading this correctly, you want to be able to install a language pack that will take the language that is being posted on your forums and translate that to english for you ?

IF indeed that is the case, then NO the language packs in the marketplace will not do this for you

What I was thinking, was, I have members from France, Greece, Germany, I thought it might be better for these members to be able to choose a language other than English..

You have to download the language packs from IPS and install them, once again though, they will be able to select the language but it will not translate anything only the IPS core language will change and if they post in German or any other language you will still have to translate what is being said

5 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

You have to download the language packs from IPS and install them, once again though, they will be able to select the language but it will not translate anything only the IPS core language will change and if they post in German or any other language you will still have to translate what is being said

OK I understand now, not the way I envisioned it..

Thanks for the help you guy's..

8 hours ago, marco2306 said:

The languages that are offered are not 100% translated.
I also spent several hours using Google Translate.
As soon as it comes to plugins, you are 95% alone, unless someone has already done so in your preferred language, which is rare.

I think I'll just leave well alone, for now..

Thanks for all the postings.

I'm working on a full Spanish language pack including the arcade.

So far 12% translated in 3 months.

If you're having an issue with the language changing when you switch pages, you probably have a cookie/cache issue. Could be the board cache which you can clear by running the support thingy, could be your CDN cache if you have one, or it could be your web browser's cookie/cache files. Sometimes you need to clear the cache after you update things on the ACP. I haven't seen a need to when translating, but I know I need to for anything related to the theme and images.

@Pescao6 I think you missed the intent here, what is wanted is a translation of any members post to the language you are using

Example if i make a post using the German language, and another member is using the English language, that post that was made in German is not translated to English just because that is the language you have chosen.   If you use Chrome you can have the page translated but IPS does not do that conversion for you

I'm not quite sure how that works on Facebook and Twitter, but yeah IPS doesn't translate stuff people write. If you're using Google Chrome to "translate" the site for you, that's not making any changes to the way other people see what's actually written. So it's not like it's "going back to the original language". In reality, it never changed so opening a new webpage might ask you if you wish to translate it as well.

That being said, I think it might make sense to install language packs. It'd make stuff like navigating through the settings easier for some people.

That being said, I think it might make sense to install language packs. It'd make stuff like navigating through the settings easier for some people.

I have nothing against language packs, just that it does not resolve the original issue, you will still have to translate any posts that are not provided in your language of choice