How to restart.

Windwalker

While troubleshooting the other day on my test site. I wanted to totally remove a category of games. There were 74 pages of games however. This prompted me to ask.

• Is it possible somehow to have options/tools in the ACP for Root Admin to remove entire categories and the games if needed?
  • Also, if I should want to remove the Arcade from the forum, and start all over. I know the arcade uninstalls. But can there be a tool/option Root Admin only) to remove/nuke all (or as much) of the arcade database items as possible.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Windwalker said:

While troubleshooting the other day on my test site. I wanted to totally remove a category of games. There were 74 pages of games however. This prompted me to ask.

• Is it possible somehow to have options/tools in the ACP for Root Admin to remove entire categories and the games if needed?
  • Also, if I should want to remove the Arcade from the forum, and start all over. I know the arcade uninstalls. But can there be a tool/option Root Admin only) to remove/nuke all (or as much) of the arcade database items as possible.

Thanks,

You have tools in ACP to remove games and categories. Default category you can not remove.

Database (arcade) you can clean with phpmyadmin.

games_delete.png

category_delete.png

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Windwalker said:

Thanks,

Unfortunately we have no control over the install or uninstall process.  We can add on to them, but we can't stop them from doing the minimum which is removing all of the tables the arcade uses when uninstalled.

You could change the option in the Main Settings to show 1,000 games at a time and knock them out that way... even a site with 30k games would only take 30 clicks to remove all games or change their categories.  I don't think that will ever happen, but just an extreme example.

If you need anything, let me know and I can help out or find an answer for you.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Bosss. I appreciate that. I'm just now getting to know how to remove things from the database without breaking everything.

Okay tubesock, that makes perfect sense. If you delete a game/s then it deletes the references in the database, such as the game, picture, icon, score  and so forth. As Bosss said, if needed, I can clean/remove the arcade items using phpadmin, if I ever had to.

Thanks,

You could change the option in the Main Settings to show 1,000 games at a time and knock them out that way... even a site with 30k games would only take 30 clicks to remove all games or change their categories.  I don't think that will ever happen, but just an extreme example.  

???? Many sites have well over 30K Games  ( Well till Flash dies lol ) (( Ok they might Not work on V4 ))  But just saying .

max.jpg

• Like 1